Puppy Purchase Contract
Updated: Jan 26, 2022
This document constitutes an agreement between Amiee & Brian Gibson (“sellers”) and ________________________________________________________________(“buyer”).
This is a private transaction between the buyer and the seller for the purchase of a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
The following are the terms and conditions of this contract.
1. Price of the Pembroke Welsh Corgi. (1) The buyer agrees to the purchase of a Pembroke Welsh Corgi for the amount of (USD) $________ to be paid to the seller before this contract is effective. (2) the buyer assumes financial responsibility for shipment of the puppy by the seller.
2. Identifying information for the Pembroke Welsh Corgi. (1) The seller agrees to ship or deliver to the buyer a Pembroke Welsh Corgi with the following characteristics.
Puppies Date of Birth: Gender:
3. Vaccines: One 5-way vaccine given before going home. Your puppy will have received their first 8 week puppy vaccine. They will need to have this same vaccine given again at 12 weeks and again at 16 weeks before they will be considered immune to the diseases or safe. Make an appointment with your veterinarian for their vaccine boosters.
Rabies vaccine: Rabies vaccine is mandated by state law and must be given by 24 weeks old. Rabies vaccines should be given alone, separated from all other vaccinations by at least two weeks. This is due to the fact that the rabies vaccine is a higher risk vaccine for adverse reactions. You must request this as not all vets follow this protocol.
4. De-wormer: 2 weeks and 4 weeks Pyrantel Pamoate (treats round worms and hookworms)
6 Weeks Fenbendazole (treats tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms, whipworms as well as Giardia.
8 weeks Pyrantel Pamoate again.
You will want to worm puppies at 10 weeks, 12 weeks and every 6 months thereafter. I recommend Safe-guard 10% (fenbendazole) on Amazon.
5. Registration. (1) The seller guarantees this animal to be registered or qualified for registration with the American Kennel Club.
6. Health of the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppy. (1) the seller agrees to deliver to the buyer a Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy with no symptoms of infectious or contagious disease.
7. Veterinary health certification. (1) the seller guarantees that the Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy has been certified as healthy by a licensed veterinarian. (2) the buyer agrees to pay for a licensed veterinary health examination and obtain a health certificate within three days of taking possession of the puppy. (3) The buyer agrees to forward the written veterinary health certificate to the seller. The terms and conditions of this contract are not effective until the seller has acknowledged receiving the certificate. (4) the buyer agrees to assume financial any responsibility for this examination, veterinary expenses and/or medications are not covered in this contract.
8. Health Warranty. (1)
The warranty period for this puppy is one year from ____________________________.
This warranty covers fatal and life altering congenital diseases. This includes severe hip dysplasia as well as kidney, heart, pancreas, spine and liver problems of a severe, life threatening or altering nature. (2) If the Pembroke Welsh Corgi dies within the contract’s effective period, the buyer agrees to assume financial responsibility for an autopsy on the puppy, to be performed by a licensed veterinarian to determine the cause of death. (3) buyer agrees to forward the written autopsy report to the seller. (4) If the cause of death is found to be any affliction listed in the health warranty section (8.1) of this contract, the seller agrees to replace the puppy with one of similar identifying characteristics as those listed in the identifying information for the Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy section (2.1) of this contract, unless characteristics are unavailable to the seller or otherwise specified by the buyer. (5) Buyer agrees that there is no monetary refund of any kind, full or partial guaranteed or implied. (6) The puppy must exhibit the congenital defect within the effective period of this contract. (7) the buyer agrees to notify the seller of the problem as well as furnish veterinary reports by two unassociated licensed veterinarians stating the affliction within two business days of the problem’s discovery.
9. Health Conditions. (1) This guarantee does not apply to afflictions that are considered common in the corgi breeds. These include, but are not limited to, canine cataracts, PRA, Retinal Dysplasia, skin allergies, disc disease, epilepsy, obesity, cutaneous asthenia, and cystinuria. (2) Any kind of parasites, bacteria or viruses and sickness which could be associated with the afflictions listed in section 8.1 of this contract or environmental factors will not be covered by this guarantee. Including allergies, dysfunction, demodectic mange, and other auto immune disorders. (3) The seller does not assume responsibility for a reaction to any vaccination. (4) the seller does not assume responsibility for any medical expenses incurred associated with any health problem. (5) this guarantee does not apply to any physical problems which could be the result of an injury.
10. Puppy care. (1) the buyer agrees to provide the puppy with routine preventative care and follow a veterinarian guideline for vaccination and deworming. (2) the buyer agrees to keep the puppy away from dog parks, grassy areas, pet stores, etc. until puppy is at least 16 weeks of age and has received final vaccination. (3) the puppy buyer agrees to provide adequate fresh water, quality food and rest to the puppy. (4) The buyer agrees to not let the puppy jump from furniture for at least the first 12 months. This can permanently damage the growth plates in your puppy’s legs. (5) the buyer assumes responsibility for protecting the puppy from loss, theft, danger, neglect and abuse.
11. Return Policy. (1) A puppy eligible for replacement, pursuant to section 6 of this contract must be returned or euthanized with prior permission from the seller to qualify for replacement. (2) the returned puppy must appear in good condition to the seller, other than the specified problem. (3) A puppy will not be eligible for replacement if it has been or appears to have been neglected, abused, bred or euthanized without prior permission from the seller. (4) The buyer agrees to assume financial responsibility for all transportation costs incurred for transporting the returned puppy to the seller.
12. Spay/Neuter Contract: This is a “Pet Only” puppy sale. Breeding rights are not included with the price of this puppy and will be AKC Limited Registration only. This spay/neuter contract is meant to protect our puppies, as well as the quality and integrity of our bloodlines. By signing this contract, you agree to spay or neuter this puppy no later than 12 months of age. You may request written permission to delay the spay or neuter operation for health reasons, however this puppy is never to be used for breeding purposes. At this time, permission to postpone has not been requested or provided. Documented proof of the spay/neuter operation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by _____________. If this spay/neuter contract is violated in anyway, without the THE CLEVER CORGIS knowledge and written permission, THE CLEVER CORGI would be entitled to compensation for breach of contract. Breach of contract would result in the buyer being charged an additional $750.00 for the price of this puppy, meant to equal the price of a Clever Corgi puppy sold with breeding rights.
13. Rehome/Resale. Pups are not to be re-homed or resold under any circumstances. If for any reason you are unable to keep your puppy the puppy is to be returned to us. This is for the life of the dog. We take the health and well-being of our pups very seriously and will check in with you on them periodically. If your life situation changes at any time and you can no longer care for your dog we are here for you and them. I have had some go ahead and stipulate in their will should something happen to them and their spouse that I be notified and the dog come back to me. Your dog will always have a safe place to land with us.
14. Dispute. (1) this is the entire purchase contact; no other promise or stipulations are included or implied in this sale. (2) In any and all legal action pertaining to this dog, this contract shall be considered to be legally binding. (3) In the event of any dispute or disagreement under this contract, the laws of Kentucky will govern the resolution of the dispute and venue for resolution of any dispute will be Kentucky. (4) To the extent that any provision of this contract may be invalid under any law of the state of the buyer, all remaining provisions remain binding.
BUYER NAME (Print)
City, State, Zip:
Seller Name___________________________________________________________________________ Amiee & Brian Gibson 2052 West Horizon Drive ________________________________________________________________ Hebron, KY 41048
By signing this agreement, we affirm that we have read, understand and agree to abide to the terms and conditions.
Buyer’s Signature: ________________________________________________Date:_________________________
Seller’s Signature: _________________________________________________Date:_________________________